My Experiences With HBL/Online School

 For the past year, I have been doing HBL/Online school. So today, I will be writing my experiences while doing online school. Online school has it's pros and cons like most other things. One of it's pros is that it's very easy to get to school on time and we're barely ever late. One of the cons of online school is that it can get very boring quickly. So, without further ado let's start this thing.



First off, I'll elaborate more on the pros and cons of online school.

Pros:

 - very easy to get to school on time

- easier access to lunch, more time to eat it

- easier access to the bathroom

- students can be more comfortable

Now it's time to move on to the cons of HBL


Cons:

- Students are less focused

- Teachers don't know what students are doing behind their screen

- Studying can be harder for students as they don't take the school as seriously

- Students skip assignments more


As you can see, there's a lot of goods and bads about HBL, but not it's time to share my experiences during it. 

When I first learned that I would be doing HBL, I thought that it was pretty cool but was also a bit confused on how it would work. Originally I thought we'd be using something like skype or something my dad uses for meetings, but we ended up using zoom and google meet.

                              

I definitely prefer Zoom over Google Meet because it isn't as laggy and looks cooler. My laptop started to lag whenever I used Google Meet, so I ended up using my mom's laptop for term 1. Term 1 was probably my worst term so far, since I skipped some assignments and a lot of my scores lowered than before.

I kept doing other stuff while in class and I ended up forgetting what the teacher said and assignments that she told us to do. In term 2, I also kept doing some other stuff while in class but not as much as before, and listened more. 

One of the biggest problems with HBL is that it can get boring, very quickly. Especially when the teacher is just talking and nothing else. This can happen in school sometimes too and that is boring but this time it's in your own home.



This is probably why kids go on youtube and such during classes which causes their grades to lower and stuff. Sometimes I get jealous of my brother, since he got bad scores in term 1, but in term 2 and 3 he got A stars! 

My best term so far was term 3, though some of the scores were still not that great, some were pretty good such as my social studies where I got an A star for it which I was very happy about. I got some bad scores but I think I mostly got good scores.

Overall I think that HBL was okay, but I'd much prefer to go to the actual school since I think it'd be more fun and I'd get to see all my friends. What are your opinions on HBL? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roblox: Arsenal vs. BIG Paintball.

10 Tips and Tricks for Roblox

6 Games I Despise on Roblox