West Sumatra

Hello and welcome back! You may recall me doing a blog about South Sulawesi last time, but now, I'll be writing about West Sumatra. 😁😁

Like last time, I will be writing about food from West Sumatra,  where it's located, language, population and the capital.

I will also be writing about the volcanoes here, because this province has some volcanoes on it. So, without further a do, Let's start!





Where it is located:

West Sumatra is located in Sumatra. The island of Sumatra is located on the east of Indonesia and it is close to Singapore and Malaysia. The population of West Sumatra is 5.4 million people!

 Thats about 5 million more people than the whole country of Ireland! Also remember that this is only a small part of the actual island itself, which is part of another bigger country!


What is the main language used:

The main language used in West Sumatra is Minang. Like I said previously in the last blog I did, Indonesia has many languages and this is only one of them.

My grandparents speak the language of Minang, but honestly, I don't remember them speaking it. They speak normal indonesian to me, but when they talk to each other they use Minang.





Now it's time for my favorite part of this blog!

Food!

Like many places in Indonesia, West Sumatra has a wide variety of delicious foods to choose from.

These foods include Nasi Padang, one of my personal favorites :>, it also includes Sate padang, Rendang and Gulai Ayam, and remember this is just a few of the many foods over in West Sumatra

Just typing the name of these foods makes me instantly hungry. I think all of these are equally delicious, but out of them all, the best would be Nasi Padang and Sate Padang. I think if you ever get the chance to try any of these, you should try it. All of these have a unique taste that makes each of the different, but they're all still delicious!





Capital:

The capital of West Sumatra is Padang. The population of Padang is 980,455. Padang isn't just capital of West Sumatra, it's also home to some of the best foods in the world like Nasi Padang and Sate Padang, yummy! 

Padang aslo happens to be the 16th most populated country in Indonesia! It's also the biggest city in West Sumatra. That's a lot of titles to hold!

If you were to visit any city in West Sumatra, I'd highly recommend Padang, as it has many places to see and has a lot of great foods to try aswell.



Now on to the last topic:

Volcanoes!

As you know, Indonesia has many volcanoes, some of which are cooler than the rest. One of those would be Kawah Ijen, which has blue lava due to its sulfur, but we wont be talking about that today. We'll be talking about Mount Marapi.

Marapi is the most active volcano in West Sumatra and its last eruption was on June 2017!  Mount Marapi translates to Mountain of Fire and I think the name is very suiting.

Marapi's elevation is 2,891 meters and its prominence is  2,116 meters. Shocking!




I hope you enjoyed this blog, and if you ever think about travelling anywhere, you should definitely check out West Sumatra for its great scenery and delicious food!

I hope you liked reading this as much as I liked writing it

See you all in my next blog ^ ^! 👋👋








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roblox: Arsenal vs. BIG Paintball.

6 Games I Despise on Roblox

10 Tips and Tricks for Roblox