10 Things I Like About Ireland

Hey! How's it going? Today I'm going to be telling you 10 things I like about Ireland! If you didn't know, I've lived in Ireland for about 7 years now! That's quite a long time. Anyways, while I've lived here I've seen many great things and I decided to do the top 10 things I like about Ireland. Hope you enjoy!

P.S.:
These are not worst to best or anything, I'm just putting them on a list




1. The first thing I like about Ireland, is the atmosphere. Usually it's cold, but sometimes, the weather is really nice! In Ireland, the weather can either be cold in the winter, warmish in the summer, but in spring its not too cold or too hot sometimes, and you get a nice day( like the day i'm writing this)

It's also the perfect day to go outside or to play outside with your friends. Where I live, there's this big grass pitch so whenever it's a nice day, my friends and I go outside and play games, walk around, talk to each other, or even climb tress! 



2. The second reason as to why I like Ireland is that the town I live is not that big, so whenever i want to go to my friend's house, it's not that far away! It's also not far away from a lot of other things. Such as, my school, shops and a few other things. The farthest thing that I probably have to go to are my swimming lessons, and even those don't take that long

It's very useful having things close to you because since there's a grocery store close to my house, so I can go shopping whenever my parents want me to! Isn't that useful?


3.  It's very peaceful in Ireland. You don't hear much loud noises, and sometimes when you wake up, you can hear birds tweeting. I don't know about you, but whenever I hear birds tweeting, I feel really good. Like, I wake up in the morning and probably the first thing I hear are the birds tweeting.

Tell me what you think of birds tweeting, do you find it satisfying or annoying?


4. Another reason as to why I enjoy Ireland is my school. It's not the best school, but it's a good school. The school isn't too big, but I find that good, because its easier to know more people than in bigger schools. 

I know many people in my school, so I have many friends there. Whenever my usual friends are sick, I can play with my other friends




5.  The 5th reason why I like Ireland is because of the many myths it has. In school, they teach you a lot of myths. You might have heard about these myths such as 'Cú Chulainn' and 'The Salmon of Knowledge'.

I'm interested in these myths because a lot of interesting points happen in them. My favorite Irish myth is probably going to be Tír na nÓg. Tír na nÓg is about this man who goes with a lady to a land called Tír na nÓg meaning Land of the Young. When the man wants to go back he goes on a special horse. The lady warns him to never get off his horse.

When he gets back to his home land, he discovers hes been gone for a very long time. He sees 3 men trying to lift a rock, so he gets off his horse, ignoring the warning the lady gave him. Once he stepped, on the ground he instantly turned into an old, weak man. He then dies minutes later.



6. Another point as to why I enjoy Ireland is the tourist attractions, one of which is 'Newgrange'.

You might have heard one of few things about Newgrange. The most notable and important things is that on December 21st a.k.a. 'the winter solstice', a light shines through the hole on top of the opening and shines the whole building. 

What's even more amazing about this, is that this building was made in the caveman ages. The thing I'm surprised about is that how come Newgrange isn't on the new 7 wonders of the world? Like, come on! It's obviously very amazing and it still confuses people on how the cavemen built this. The way Newgrange was built was by a technique named "corbelling''





7.  











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roblox: Arsenal vs. BIG Paintball.

10 Tips and Tricks for Roblox

6 Games I Despise on Roblox