My Swimming Experience

I started swimming when I was almost 5. At first, I was terrified of the water because I thought I would drown. My dad signed me up for swimming lessons at the Sheraton. I started at the 1st level where they taught me basic stuff in the baby pool. The things they taught me were how to kick in the water and how to float. We stayed in the baby pool for about 2 levels.




I kept swimming until I went to the next level, starting at level 3, we went over to the big pool. I wasn't scared at the small pool, but I was terrified of the big pool because at my age, It looked really really deep.

I was really scared there, I got less scared after a while because my swimming instructor helped me to not get scared of the water. Also, there my swimming instructor didn't want the students to have goggles because he thought they'd learn better if they didn't have goggles. So I use to swim without goggles.

After every lesson, We could stay in the pool and have fun. My dad, brother and I would go to the pool after my lessons and have fun. My dad used to practice there when I was having my lessons by swimming back and forth and seeing if he could swim any faster.

I completed my lessons there, so my dad signed me up for more swimming lessons at the RSC( Regional Sports Centre). At my old swimming lessons, there were only 6 lessons and we all had different times because the pool was small.

At the RSC, there were more than 10 levels, and lots of lessons went at the same time because their swimming pool was gigantic compared to the old place we used to go to. I started at level 6. The level 6 swimming place was at the deep end and the deep end there is 2.8 metres!

There they taught me how to improve my techniques and then after 12 weeks they moved me to level 7. At level 7, they taught me the butterfly stroke. For me, butterfly stroke is the hardest because it barely moves you and its very hard to do the hand part.





Then we had our big test to see if we can go to the next level. I passed and went to level 8. Level 8, 9 and 10 are extremely hard. Instead of swimming across we had to swim to the side which made it a much much longer pool to swim. In level 8 they improved our technique as well and taught us how to straddle jump. A straddle jump is where you walk into the water by keeping your head up and out of the water.

After level , it was level 9. Level 9 was way more complex that the past levels. In level 9, I was my brother's friend. Level 9 focused on breathing and stamina in the water. At the test we had to do 4 laps without breaks. 

After that, I got to level 10! The last level! In level 10,  they focus on safety and what to do if you see somebody drowning, so basically it focused on being a lifeguard to save somebody from the water.
In level 10, you have to do 8 laps on the final test without breaks! Now that is really hard.

Yesterday, I went swimming because it was leisure time. My brother, my dad, my baby brother and I came to swim. My dad taught my baby brother how to kick but he was really scared but at the end he could float by himself with a wobble. My brother and I were playing while my dad was teaching my baby brother.


Now that's the end of my swimming experience. Can you swim? Do you like swimming? 

I personally think swimming is my favorite sport so far, and I think I'm pretty good at it, until next time reader!

goodbye ^  ^


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roblox: Arsenal vs. BIG Paintball.

10 Tips and Tricks for Roblox

6 Games I Despise on Roblox